Student Enrollment & Registration
Central Registrar: Laurie Schmitt, Middle/High School Pupil Support Office, 1554 State Route 488, Clifton Springs, NY 14432. (315) 548-6312. Additional documents in English and Spanish are below.
UPK, Kindergarten Registration
Universal Prekindergarten (UPK) is a state-funded program open to children that are four years old entering kindergarten the following school year. The program is a collaborative effort between the Phelps-Clifton Springs Central School District and Our Children’s Place Learning Center.
- To be eligible for the 2021 – 2022 school year, your child must be 4 years old by December 1, 2021. Please include a copy of your child’s birth certificate with the completed enrollment packet.
- Families must live in the Phelps-Clifton Springs Central School District. Please provide proof of residency with 2 of the following; copy of an NYSEG bill, water bill, mortgage statement, lease agreement, or tax receipt.
- There is no charge for the UPK program.
- Three UPK classes are full day Monday - Friday (9 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.)
- One UPK classroom is a half day program Monday - Friday (9-11:30 a.m. and 12:45-3:15 p.m.)
- The program must be provided with a current (within a year) physical and immunization records.
- If students are placed in the morning half-day program, transportation will be provided by the district in the morning, with parents being responsible for transportation home at 11:30 a.m.
- If students are placed in the afternoon session, parents are responsible for transportation to school at 12:45 p.m. and transportation will be provided home by the district.
- If students are placed in one of the three full day classes, transportation will be provided to and from the school by the district.
- Students are eligible for transportation provided they have turned four years old before the start of the 2021-2022 school year.
The UPK program provides a developmentally appropriate preschool program and implements the New York State Education Department English Language Arts and Mathematics Modules as well as Creative Curriculum. It incorporates Second Step, a social-emotional curriculum that promotes positive peer interaction skills and increases self-awareness. Also, the New York State Pre-kindergarten Foundations for the Common Core are used to guide lessons and prepare students with the skills and knowledge needed to be ready for kindergarten.
For more information, contact Our Children's Place at (315) 462-3174.
Children 5 years old by December 1, 2021 are eligible for kindergarten in the fall of 2021. Families may begin the registration process by completing the online pre-registration form to receive important updates and other information. Those with questions may contact Laurie Schmitt at email@example.com or (315) 548-6708.
Families may submit their information online to receive important updates for UPK and Kindergarten registrations as well as fill out requests for transportation by using the follow links. The forms are available in multiple languages using the website's "translate" feature in the upper right corner on this page.