District Mission & Vision
To create a community of learners and leaders who demonstrate the 21st-century skills necessary to compete and thrive in a global society.
The Phelps-Clifton Springs Central School District will enable students to demonstrate college and career readiness by displaying:
Strong Moral Character: Our students will display compassion and respect for others. Students will be confident yet humble in their approach. When faced with a choice, students will make responsible decisions.
Critical Thinking Skills: Our students will demonstrate the ability to solve complex problems and to do so by remaining open-minded to all possible outcomes.
Perseverance: Our students will proactively demonstrate an ability to put forth the extra effort in order to accomplish tasks. With a focus on both short and long term goals, students will demonstrate the ability to work hard, build stamina, and ultimately attain goals.
Cultural Awareness: Our students will be mindful of cultural differences based on the ever-evolving global community. Our students will be culturally sensitive and collaborate with a diverse population.
Innovation: Our students will demonstrate an ability to take calculated risks, be creative, and not be fearful of showing vulnerability.
2019-2020 Board Goals
The following Board Goals were established for the 2019-2020 school year and adopted by the Board of Education:
- Explore opportunities for student engagement with the Board of Education through invitations to groups, communication with district administrators or other means.
- Engage in strategic planning by selecting and partnering with a consultant who will guide the school district through the process.
- Explore and educate ourselves about board self-evaluations by reviewing exemplars and determining if we will complete an evaluation during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Increase community awareness about capital project progress using the website, community forums, Board meetings and/or written communication (Midlakes Journal).
2018-2019 Board Goals
The following Board Goals were established for the 2018-2019 school year and adopted by the Board of Education.
1. Educate ourselves on strategic plan development through a presentation at a board retreat (to be held in January)
2. Create a Board Handbook to include but not limited to:
- Orientation Information
- Training Requirements
- Schedule of Meetings
- Member Expectations
- Attending District Events
3. Increase community awareness of board initiatives by providing a quarterly article for the Midlakes Journal.
News & Notes
The District has taken great care in adopting a budget that’s focused on what is best for students.