Requests for Qualifications
As a parent of a student at the Phelps-Clifton Springs Central School District, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teacher(s) who instruct your child.
Title I funds are received by the District and this Federal law allows you to ask certain information about your child's classroom teacher(s) and requires the District to provide this to you in a timely manner. Specifically, you have the right to request the following information:
- Whether the teacher is New York State licensed or qualified to teach the grade and subject he/she is teaching.
- Whether there is an agreement with New York State Education Department and the District that the teacher(s) can teach in the classroom without appropriate licensure or qualification because of special circumstances.
- The teacher's college major and whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and what subject the degree is in.
- Whether any paraprofessionals provide service to your child and their qualifications to do so.
Should you wish to exercise your right to obtain the above information about your child's teacher please contact the office of Special Programs & Services or your child's building principal in writing:
- Midlakes Elementary School Principal Christopher Moyer, 1500 State Route 488, Clifton Springs, NY, 14432. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Midlakes Middle/High School Principal Daniel McAlpin, 1554 State Route 488, Clifton Springs, NY 14432. Email: email@example.com.
- Jeffrey Hamelinck, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, District Office, 1490 State Route 488, Clifton Springs, NY, 14432. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families may also use the form below or contact District Office at (315) 548-6420 for more information,