1. To approve the proposed 2023-2024 school budget, and to authorize the requisite portion therefore to be raised by taxation on the taxable property of the District.
2. Shall the Board of Education of the Phelps-Clifton Spring Central School District be authorized to purchase and finance four (4) 70-passenger diesel school buses and one (1) 60-passenger wheelchair accessible diesel school bus, including necessary furnishings, fixtures and equipment and all other costs incidental thereto, and expend a total sum not to exceed $824,130, which is estimated to be the total maximum cost thereof, and said amount, or so much thereof as may be necessary, shall be raised by the levy of a tax upon the taxable property of said School District and collected in annual installments as provided by Section 416 of the Education Law; and, in anticipation of such tax, obligations of said School District, in the principal amount not to exceed $824,130, shall be issued.
3. Shall the Board of Education of the Phelps-Clifton Springs Central School District be authorized to establish a new ten-year capital reserve pursuant to Section 3651 of the Education Law in an amount not to exceed $8,000,000, plus accrued interest and investment earnings thereon, to be used for renovations and additions to all District facilities, including the purchase of equipment, technology upgrades, classroom equipment and/or school infrastructure equipment, security and safety improvement, site development, athletic fields, plumbing, storm and sanitary sewers, boilers, driveways, and parking lots, such reserve fund to be funded from (i) year-end budget surplus funds known as unassigned fund balance, as available, for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2023 and each fiscal year thereafter for the term of the reserve fund, (ii) transfers of excess monies from Board of Education designated reserves, (iii) amounts from budgetary appropriations from time to time, and (iv) New York State Aid received and made available by the Board of Education from time to time, all as permitted by law.
4. To elect two members to the Board of Education for three-year terms, each commencing July 1, 2023 and ending June 30, 2026. The seats are presently held by Matthew Murphy and Jamie McCarrick.
5. A separate proposition shall be on the ballot for approval of $180,000 annually to be contributed to support the Clifton Springs Library in the amount of $90,000, and to the Phelps Community Memorial Library in the amount of $90,000. (This expenditure is separate from the school district budget. The district merely hosts the vote).