Phelps-Clifton Springs CSD
Student Enrollment & Registration
Universal Prekindergarten (UPK) is a state-funded program open to children that are four years old entering kindergarten the following school year. The program is a collaborative effort between the Phelps-Clifton Springs Central School District and Our Children’s Place Learning Center.
- To be eligible for the 2020 – 2021 school year, your child must be 4 years old by December 1, 2020. Please include a copy of your child’s birth certificate with the completed enrollment packet.
- Families must live in the Phelps-Clifton Springs Central School District. Please provide proof of residency with 2 of the following; copy of an NYSEG bill, water bill, mortgage statement, lease agreement, or tax receipt.
- There is no charge for the UPK program.
- Three UPK classes are full day Monday - Friday (9 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.)
- One UPK classroom is a half day program Monday - Friday (9-11:30 a.m. and 12:45-3:15 p.m.)
- The program must be provided with a current (within a year) physical and immunization records.
- If students are placed in the morning half day program, transportation will be provided by the district in the morning, with parents being responsible for transportation home at 11:30 a.m.
- If students are placed in the afternoon session, parents are responsible for transportation to school at 12:45 p.m. and transportation will be provided home by the district.
- If students are placed in one of the three full day classes, transportation will be provided to and from the school by the district.
- Students are eligible for transportation provided they have turned four years old before the start of the 2020-2021 school year.
The UPK program provides a developmentally appropriate preschool program and implements the New York State Education Department English Language Arts and Mathematics Modules as well as Creative Curriculum. It incorporates Second Step, a social-emotional curriculum that promotes positive peer interaction skills and increases self-awareness. Also, the New York State Pre-kindergarten Foundations for the Common Core are used to guide lessons and prepare students with the skills and knowledge needed to be ready for kindergarten.
To apply for the Universal Prekindergarten Program, complete the Enrollment Packet and include a copy of your child’s birth certificate, proof of residency, current physical, and immunization records. Children will NOT BE considered "registered" until ALL required documents have been received. Placement letters will be sent to the parent or guardian in August.
For more information, contact Michele Pane of Our Children's Place at (315) 462-3174.
UPK and Kindergarten Forms
Families may submit their information online to receive important updates for UPK and Kindergarten registrations as well as fill out requests for transportation by using the follow links. Use the "translate" feature on this webpage to access this page in multiple languages.