School Tax Information
Due Dates: (Mailed payments will be posted by U.S. Postal Service postmarks)
- No Penalty Period: Sept. 1, 2018 - Oct. 1, 2018
- Two Percent Penalty Period: Oct. 2, 2018 - Oct. 31, 2018
CONTACT THE TAX COLLECTOR IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A TAX BILL BY THE FIRST WEEK IN SEPTEMBER.
Please include the following information with payment:
- A phone number where you can be easily reached. Failure could lead to a delayed payment.
- Enough information to post your payment to the correct property (a tax bill, tax bill number, property tax map number or property address) with or on your payment
- Checks should be made out to School Tax Collector, Phyllis S. Mouton. (Be sure to use this information with online payments)
- Pay at Community Bank NA (Phelps and Clifton Springs branches only) during normal business hours
- Mail payment to 1490 Route 488, Clifton Springs, 14432
- For online payments, visit Info-Tax Online. (Keep your search simple. Use only last name or street number. Visitors do not need to fill out all the fields.)
- Residents can file to have direct debit for a checkings or savings account for a flat fee of $2
- Credit cards are another accepted form of payment, a percentage fee will be applied to payment at checkout
NOTE: The Phelps-Clifton Springs Central School District does not benefit from these payment fees, and is not allowed to control these feeds. The service is a courtesy to district taxpayers.
Payments will be returned and considered unpaid if:
- The check or payment is not signed or dated
- If a check is not written for the exact amount (for a single property or multiple properties)
- Is a partial payment
- If the district cannot identify the property for a payment
- A $30 fee will be applied for any returned payment, by mail or online, if a payment is returned from a financial institution
PLEASE NOTE: The School Tax Collector Office will be open for appointments from 1 to 3 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday in September. Online service provides taxpayers two years of tax information, allows for printing of bills and receipts in addition to making payments. Anyone with questions or concerns regarding a tax bill should contact Phyllis S. Mouton at (315) 548-6437 or email email@example.com. Email is preferred.