Graduates of Distinction
The Midlakes Graduates of Distinction Program was formed for the main purpose of recognizing the alumni of Midlakes High School who have achieved distinction through outstanding accomplishments or lifetime achievements and sharing these with the collective community.
The Graduates of Distinction Program was adopted by the Board of Education in March 2016 and serves to honor alumni contributions and to inspire current and future Midlakes students. Each year, membership into the program will be published in the Midlakes Journal and in other print, digital and social media outlets. Application forms will be accepted from April 1 of each year through November 1 of the current year.
A committee made up of Midlakes school staff (3), community members (3), and students (2) will select candidates. The committee will nominate and elect a chairperson that will serve a two-year term. The Chairperson will appoint a secretary, researcher, event coordinator, treasurer, and a public relations representative.
- Openings for seats on the committee shall be advertised. Experience in the community is beneficial to committee meetings. There will be a maximum of three candidates for entry from 2017-19.
- There will be a maximum of two candidates announced from 2020 and beyond.
Nominations may be mailed to the Graduates of Distinction Committee, c/o District Office, 1490 Route 488, Clifton Springs, NY 14432, email email@example.com. Submit online submissions using the Graduates of Distinction Nomination Form.
Inductees shall be selected based upon the following criteria:
Individuals become eligible 15 years after graduating from Midlakes High School. The committee may waive the graduation requirement.
Significant achievements after attending Midlakes High School will include:
- Educational achievements
- Professional achievements
- Job-related achievements
- Honors, awards, professional affiliations, publications
- Civic or community involvement
- Other appropriate qualifications may be considered.
Guidelines for selection shall include:
- High moral character
- A graduate of Midlakes High School
- The committee may consider significant contributions to the school district or community for an honorary induction, even though the candidate may not have graduated from Midlakes High School.
A world-class musician, a successful entrepreneur, and a Winter X Games medalist have been named as Graduates of Distinction of Midlakes High School.
Two graduates and a significant contributor will be recognized during multiple events on Friday, May 6.