Phelps-Clifton Springs CSD
Weather-Related Closings & Delays
What determines a weather-related closing at Midlakes schools?
- Road conditions
- Temperature, including extreme wind chill
- Weather radar and forecast
How will I know if a school is closed?
- A phone call will be made to your home or cell phone via the automated School Messenger system.
- The local media will be notified (WHAM, WROC, WHEC, Spectrum, WSTM-TV3 Syracuse, Finger Lakes Radio Group, WACK-AM radio, and WYLF-AM radio)
- Twitter and Facebook messages
- An updated status on the District homepage
- This applies to full-day closures, delays, early dismissals, and evening cancellations.
Why is school closed when it's not snowing?
- Extremely cold temperatures can impact school closures.
- No one should be outside with unprotected skin and wind-chill factors in the range of minus-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Injuries can occur sooner at lower temperatures. As we approach wind chills of -25 degrees Fahrenheit, it may be time to consider closing.