Midlakes Athletic Hall of Fame
The Midlakes Athletic Hall of Fame recognizes individual athletes, sports teams and those who have made exceptional contributions to the athletic programs of the Phelps-Clifton Springs Central School District. Athletes are eligible for induction into the Hall of Fame 10 years after they graduate. Former coaches, administrators, and community supporters who have made extraordinary efforts to enhance the district's athletic programs are also eligible for induction. Nominations are due Nov. 1 and can be mailed to Midlakes Athletics Hall of Fame, 1554 Route 488, Clifton Springs, NY, 14432. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Wall of Fame is located in the entrance way to Midlakes High School's athletic facility, where plaques dedicated to each inductee are located.
Under the leadership of Dr. Bob Wood and other interested individuals, the Midlakes Athletic Hall of Fame Committee was formed with the purpose of honoring outstanding athletes, coaches, teams and dedicated individuals of Midlakes Schools. Many outstanding athletes have graduated from Midlakes since the merger of the Phelps and Clifton Springs schools over five decades ago. The committee felt it was time to honor these individuals.
The purpose of the Midlakes Athletic Hall of Fame is to recognize and honor athletes, teams, and others who have made exceptional contributions to the District’s tradition of excellence.
Former athletes are eligible for the Hall of Fame ten (10) years after they have graduated. Former coaches, administrators and local community supporters who have made extraordinary efforts to enhance the athletic programs are also eligible for induction.
Guidelines for the Selection of an Athlete
- The individual should be an exceptional two- or three-sport athlete, an All-League and All-Greater Rochester selection; collegiate performance should be another consideration for induction
- One-sport athletes should be an exceptional athlete in that sport for at least three years, and should be an All-League and an All-Greater Rochester selection; collegiate performance should be another consideration for induction
- The athlete should be honored by the school, league and/or state for accomplishments
- The athlete should be recognized by the school as an exceptional student for academic accomplishments and moral conduct
- Should be a graduate of Midlakes High School
Guidelines for Selection of a Coach
- Should have coached for at least 10 years with exceptional results on and off the field
- Should be recognized by the school, league and/or state for coaching accomplishments (Coach of the Year selections, etc.)
- Should be of high moral character and values.
Guidelines for Selection of an Honorary Individual
- Must be a long time loyal fan/supporter of Midlakes athletic programs
- Should go beyond the ordinary in supporting Midlakes athletics; activities can include volunteer coaching, booster club work, etc. in the support of student athletes
- Should be of high moral character
Guidelines for Selection of an Athletic Team
- Should win a league title
- Should be honored by the school, league and/or state for accomplishments with special consideration for team academic honors and sportsmanship
- Should go undefeated in the league; win a sectional title, participant in state playoffs or wins a state title
- Should be ranked in the state athletic standings