Phelps-Clifton Springs CSD
rSchool Today Screening App
The Phelps-Clifton Springs Central School District’s Reopening Plan requires all students, employees, and visitors to complete a mandatory daily COVID health screening questionnaire (including a temperature check) prior to arrival.
In order to complete the daily health screening, you may select from the following two options:
- Download rSchoolToday Activity Scheduler (with the blue hat icon), a secure mobile platform application. Instructions for accessing and installing the app are included below. You may install the application on a student or personal device.
- Families currently without a school-issued or personal device may complete the online health-screening at https://www.midlakes.org/selfscreen. The link can also be found on the school website.
In addition to completing the online health screening form, families must keep their children home from school and contact the school nurse if their children are exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19.
Students should stay home if they are experiencing any one of the following symptoms:
- A fever of 100 degrees or more
- loss of taste or smell
- vomiting, and/or diarrhea
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- fatigue, chills or body aches, or headache
- congestion, or runny nose.
As an added precaution, each student’s temperature will also be taken when they arrive at school using a touchless wrist scanner confidentially monitored by a school nurse.
iOS tip sheet | Android tip sheet
To Install rSchoolToday on your device:
- Download the rSchoolToday Activity Scheduler app from the App Store or Samsung Galaxy Store or look for the app on your school-issued device (an update was sent by the District).
- Open the app and click on “set up”.
- Scroll down and click on “New York”.
- Search for “Midlakes” in the search field. Select “Midlakes”.
- Click on the three blue lines in the upper left corner, and select the Red Cross/Daily Health Screening tab.
- Enter your child’s email address (for example: Dan.Smith@midlakes.org) and then click “next”.
- Enter your child’s first and last name and create a password. Families with multiple students will need to register each child separately. (The District suggests logging each student on their individual iPads. Store log-in info in a secure location.)
- Choose either “student” or “parent” under member type. Enter the name again and select verify. Wait for the system to send a verification notice and then close the app.
- Log into your child’s email by visiting portal.office.com and enter your child’s email and password. (Passwords default to their five-digit student ID number). A verification link will appear in the email. When families are unsure of their password, the District will work to verify the account and inform families. There may be a brief delay during the verification process.
- Once verified, open the app and log-in using email, member type (student or parent), first and last name. Click on the message reading “Success” and you will remain logged into the system. Families with multiple students may want to set-up the app on each student’s device.
- The daily health screening must be completed each time a student comes to campus. Open the app, click on the three blue lines in the upper left-hand corner, select "Daily Health Screening” and answer the questions. Student temperatures will have to manually entered for the system to allow submission. Be sure to select “submit.”
Please contact rSchoolToday directly for technical set-up assistance at (612) 605-1623, firstname.lastname@example.org and http://r.school/livechat. Also, contact John Lombardi at email@example.com.